The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organization for young people interested in ponies and riding. Founded in England in 1929 was granted independent charitable status on Jan 1st 1997.
Membership offers fun, friendship, training, events and competitions.
There are 340 Pony Club Branches and over 500 Pony Club Centres in the UK.
Memberships exceed 110,477, making it the largest association of young riders in the world.
Membership is open to anyone up to the age of 25.
Jamaica is only 1 of 3 Caribbean countries offering a pony club linked riding centre. Trinidad and Tobago and Cayman Islands are also PC linked centres.
Pony Club Jamaica has had over 100 new pony club members since the Pony Club was reintroduced at Caymans Pony Club in 2011.
To encourage young people to ride, and to learn to enjoy all kinds of disciplines connected with ponies and riding.
To give instruction in riding and horse mastership and to educate members to look after and take proper care of animals.
To promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship, and loyality to create strength of character and self discipline.
Additional Information and frequently asked questions
- Centre members can ride at a pony club linked riding centre and not have to own their own horse.
- Subscription lasts 1 year.
- Equestrians across Jamaica can join the Pony Club Membership and enjoy all the activities the Pony Club has to offer.
- Subscription covers a variety of badges and Pony Club events within the equestrian term and access to Pony Club clinics, overseas events and camps.
- Members will receive a Pony Club bag, show pin and rosette.
- Efficiency exams will be available for members to receive certificates for their levels of riding and horsemanship.
- Equestrian disciplines offered at Caymans Pony Club are jumping, dressage, polo, Gymkhana and trail riding.
- Mini achievement badges are available for members ages 5-7. Regular achievement badges are available for ages 8 and up.